Monday, November 23, 2009

JC's Birthday Bash

Last Friday was JC's birthday bash. We have planned this for quite a while, thinking for the perfect venue to have a get-together.

After much discussion, the birthday girl decided to have it at Top Hat Restaurant to commemorate her 25th Birthday. hehe.

I was the one doing arrangements with the restaurants (as usual) and I called in to book a private room since we're quite loud.

I was quite surprised with the room but dislike a few things.

I know I know it looks great. But you know what, I could smell something weird, reminding me of some smelly massage oil. AND, the person in-charge promised me to decorate the table with flowers but it ended up with a few pandan leaves! Plus, I didn't like the malay-traditional inspired thingy for the table arrangements. Blah...

However, the rest of the restaurant was well decorated with beautiful Christmas trees and delicacies.


Adeline, Darling and I were the first few to arrive (as usual) so we took pictures around the little cozy restaurant.

When the crowd arrived, we start catching up. It was when Darling asked JC to close the door :P

Of course, I took a picture with the birthday girl.


Both of us.


This is our group picture without forgetting those who couldn't join us. So, we took the pandan leaves and decided to tag them in FB. :P



We tried to be artistic but I guess we kinda failed.


From left: JC, Adeline, Me and Sharon

These are some of the food we ordered that night! Overall, food was great!

BeeKuan and I ordered Aglio Oglio :)



A few people ordered the chicken pie, which is yummy-licious


Liu ordered the Nyonya dinner set.


For the first time ever, I just love Darling's lamb. It was so yummy I could feel my saliva developing right now. I think I am starting to be addicted to lamb? But I still don't like the smell of how some chefs do it. :P


Then, the waitress came in singing the birthday song. JC said she sang badly that she preffered us singing! -____-


Tiramisu, I guess it is from Alexis :)



We ordered the desserts!



Oh, Darling pampered me with the Alaskan Bomb. And I tell you, it is by far better than the Tiramisu from Alexis. :P



The waitress mistaken the dish and placed it at Felix's place. Here's a shot Darling caught me with the dessert.



Then, JC tried opening the present we bought for her :)



Oh, a classic handphone from Nokia?!?!?!! *this was her expression, trying to sound a tit-bit excited at the same time*


Of course not! You think my friends and I have no taste no heart no brain no fashion sense is it? :P

We explored lomography art. So we all shared a camera for this sweet little girl.



We catched up for a while in our cozy *but smell weird* private room before taking a few memorable shot.


We tried to be funny :P

Bee Kuan aka. MayJune and I were fascinated by the Christmas delicacies on display.



Of course, we had a great time. Our next get-together would be for Wendy's birthday bash coming real soon in December. I have yet to find a venue!!!!!

Wendy wanted to have it beside the beach/out-station and a buffet dinner. Too much to fill in for a venue, don't you think so? Quite a challenge.

Any suggestions, my dear blog readers?



XOXO,
theRascal

No comments: