Monday, March 15, 2010

I always believe in having great passion in something.

No matter what you do, as long as you love it and have such strong interest, which constitute to passion, it'll push you to greater heights.

Look at all the successful people. No matter if they are frying noodles at a stall, playing squash, kicking a ball, painting, or giving out letters to people's houses, as long as you love what you do ... it all matters that at the end of the day, you feel good doing something you love.

What is Jimmy Choo and Zang Toi before they build their own brand in their own name? They were just someone doing what they love doing, despite all the crap people used to say about them not being "the typical man" who became a doctor or a lawyer.

Celine Dion used to only sing in her family's cafeteria by standing on the table when she was young. And she barely knew a single word of English.

Today, they are all stars of their own. They shine.

So, when my boss asked me why should she hire me instead of someone with 15 years experience in advertising, I said "Because I have passion not just in advertising, but also teaching. I know what I'm doing ... I love what I'm doing. And I'm going to be so good at it."


She hired me.


Thus, I always impart this idea to my students. Do not study what your parents want you to study. You fight for what you want. You decide your own destiny. However, if you fail, stand back up and considered that as a lifetime experience. You wouldn't want to miss that for a lifetime. BUT, always remember to put your family into your plans because they are part of who you are.


My late grandfather said "been there, done that".


Don't be afraid to experience life. It is a journey ... so, have a good time.


I love the quote that I stumbled upon a while ago. It read right into my heart.


“If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you.” - T. Alan Armstrong


Don't you agree?



XOXO,
theRascal

No comments: